copy folders to cd-r

K.E 00:18 01 May 04

Hi,

I am taking my laptop away and wanted to copy 'my documents' and my photo albums onto a cd to leave behind in case of fire flood theft etc! I use windows xp and am a novice so any advice in simple language much appreciated...

KE

johnnyrocker 00:22 01 May 04

firstly go into that which you wish to save then top left select file/import/export and select what you want to send and where to.

johnny,

K.E 00:31 01 May 04

am a bit stuck,

when i open 'my documents' or my photo folder in xp and hit file i don't seem to get the import/export option. am i being v thick?

Doogie Howser 08:29 01 May 04

Right click on which folders you want to copy and select 'send to CDRW' - assuming your laptop has a CD writer?

Once you've done this a small CD icon will appear in the notification area (bottom right next to the clock). Double click it and the temporary folder with everything that you want to copy will appear. You can then simply click on 'write these files to CD' in the top left task pane.

If you're having problems make sure that your CD writing facility is enabled. Right click on the CD drive icon in my computer, go to properties, recording, enable CD recording on this drive and make sure the box is ticked.

K.E 15:42 01 May 04

thanks so much, that did the trick...

Stuartli 15:46 01 May 04

XP has its own Backup facility - must be installed from XP CD-ROM if you have XP Home as it is not installed by default other than in XP Pro.

There is a wizard to make life easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…