Copy folders

sebina12 13:05 05 Nov 07

I can't find any instruction how to do this, here goes: does anyone know how to copy a folder and then paste that folder into several or more folders in windows. At work, we are going paperless, and we had to create a folder that had to be copied into quite a lot of folders, so a lot of pasting was involved. The task is now complete but could this have been done faster? Is there a faster way to do this?

The Kestrel 14:07 05 Nov 07

Are you asking if it possible to copy a folder and then paste it into several destination folders at the same time, i.e. with one paste action? If so, I don't know of a way to do this. You obviously can copy an entire folder of files, but then must paste individually into each new destination as far as I understand windows.

Technotiger 14:52 05 Nov 07

This is for Mac, I have not been able to find anything similar for Windows ...

click here

john bunyan 15:14 05 Nov 07

go to Windows Explorer. Right Click folder to copy ; press "copy" , go to each folde in turn and right click then "paste". The only problem is that you end up with duplicate folders at first, but they will not all get changed if you work on only one of them. I believe you should find a better way of maintaining one folder for each topic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5