Copy files to DVD

surfer47 17:36 09 Jul 06

I am using Windows XP and Roxio Easy CD Creator to backup "My Documents", which contains photographs, to a DVD. The file size was 1.85Gb. I copied OK but I was unable to add any further files to the DVD. When I checked on Properties there was no space left even though the file size showed 1.85Gb. The option I used on Roxio was Classic Creator. I had expected 2.9 Gb to be left?(4.7 - 1.85) Is there any way I can add further files to a DVD that has data on it already?
Regards
Mike

mike1967 17:45 09 Jul 06

Did you close the disc before you finished or were you using a one record disc not a RW.

phono 18:04 09 Jul 06

You probably finalised the disk which means nothing else can be added to it, if you wish to keep adding to a DVD you will need to make sure you burn it as a multi session disk, in that way you can add files to it at any time until all of its capacity is used.

I use Nero myself so I can't help you with any settings for your Roxio software.

phono 21:17 12 Jul 06

Any update on your problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…