COPY DVD TO PC

4472 20:17 19 Oct 04

Before you all start jumping up and down about copyright, what I mean is I intend to copy some old family VHS to DVD and then to use my PC to edit them. Is this possible, anyone know how and what I will need? any advice appreciated.

TomJerry 20:25 19 Oct 04

you thread title is misleading

click here

4472 20:43 19 Oct 04

Maybe I explain more. Can I copy VHS to DVD using a stand alone DVD recorder/player. Then put the burnt disc into my DVD on the PC and then edit that before re burning to a new DVD. I did not mean capture straight to the PC from VHS tape.

I think thats what I meant, too many clever people here!

TomJerry 20:56 19 Oct 04

once you got AVI and MPEG files you can edit them with any videoediting package.

Which software? There are many out there, just google for it.

But this is not what you really want? Isn't it? If you want to copy CopyProtected DVD movie "illegally", Google for "DVD Ripper".

john-232317 20:57 19 Oct 04

No you have to capture vhs to PC then edit then convert to mpeg2 files then burn, not too clever is it ??

4472 21:11 19 Oct 04

TomJerry, so how do I get AVI and MPEG files and no I dont want to Rip off copy CopyProtected DVD movies. I dont own any and not seen any worth owning. As I said I have family VHS and Beta films I wish to copy, hundreds of hours.

dadyassa, I was hoping there might be a simple way by just putting in my own burnt dvd and then editing in th pc

john-232317 22:36 19 Oct 04

No simple way, you have to capture it to PC first, TV card is probably easiest.

THE TERMINATOR 22:52 19 Oct 04

Like dadyassa says, you need a tv card to connect your video recorder to your pc. Then you need a program like Nero 6.0 to record your video to your HDD and convert it to DVD....T

marjted 23:04 19 Oct 04

click here

Is this of help?

enter "edit DVD" in Google and look through results.

TomJerry 11:27 20 Oct 04

You need a program to convert DVD to AVI or MPEGII as I suggested before. There are many out there, if you too lazy to google for it, here are links

DVD-TO-AVI click here

DVD-TO-MPEG: click here

1Click DVD to Mpeg click here

Power Video Converter click here

I never used any of those programs and never intend to use them.

More converssion mean more loss of quality.

Look how many converion you do: VHS-DVD, DVD-AVI, Editing, and Encoding to MPeg which is conversion, finally MPEG to DVD which is not conversion

TomJerry 17:00 23 Oct 04

The latest version of TMPGEnc (highly regarded low cost MPEGII encoder) can covert VOB format (format used in DVD) to MPEGII.

TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress click here cost $58, but you can download a full working trial version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…