Copy DVD- to DVD+

ruskle 19:52 08 Feb 09

A friend has copied my holiday videos onto DVD+R for me and I can only watch DVD-R. I don't think he can copy DVD-R. Is there a way I can copy DVD-R to DVD+R on my PC?

Thanls in advance.
Ruskle

brundle 20:19 08 Feb 09

Not if you don't have an optical drive that can read the disc in the first place.

ruskle 20:31 08 Feb 09

My Pc will read both DVD-R and DVD+R but my DVD recorder player for my TV will only read DVD-R.
I can watch the DVD+R he copied from my video tape on my PC but we want to watch it on the TV screen via my DVD player. I suppose I could buy a new DVD player which plays both.
I don't think I have ever recorded a program from TV so a new digital recorder is not really necessary.
Ruskle..

brundle 20:36 08 Feb 09

The simplest way would be to copy the contents of the DVD-R DVD to an image file, then copy that image file to a DVD+R. click here

If you have a program that deals with optical discs, and two drives, you could copy direct from disc to disc, but set the burning speed to the lowest selectable.

MAT ALAN 20:38 08 Feb 09

Nero "copy DvD" follow instructions...

AL47 21:48 08 Feb 09

just copy the dvd+R as an image file, [or video_TS folder] to your hard drive,

load in the dvd-r

use a program like imgburn to burn the file/folder to the DVD-R

i always burn at half the dvds rated speed

burning too slow causes problems

AL47 21:52 08 Feb 09

i just checked imgburn will do both processes

ruskle 09:56 09 Feb 09

Many thanks chaps for your replies.
I have managed to copy all three DVD+R discs to DVD-R Lightscribe discs and they worked OK, I used Nero Vision.

Ruskle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…