copy a dvd onto a blank dvd

rins36 21:36 23 Nov 03

for the kids to use in the bedroom to keep the original in tact

My Hp comp has a dvd-writer, can I copy the disc the same way as a music cd i.e copy exact?

thanks in advance for any advice on this

keenan 21:59 23 Nov 03
  rins36 22:49 24 Nov 03

keenan thanks for the 'click here' but could you please explain in simple terms an answer to my question

cheers
rins

dazzling (work) 23:07 24 Nov 03

in short no.most dvd's now available are called dual layered or dvd9.this means they are two 4.7gb discs sandwhiched together to give a capacity of 9.4 gb hence film trailers interviews all on one disc.you will be able to burn 4.7 gb of info onto your dvd.so you need a program to compress 9.4 gb onto 4.7 or take some bits out.programs are pinnacle instant copy 8,dvd 2 one,clone dvd etc.problem with compression lowers picture quality some standalone dvd players struggle to read them.best bet remove the rubbish trailers interviews subtitles to increase the quality of video.good tutorials on dvdrhelp.com.oh and finally you will need to remove the macrovision before you do any of the above.this is very time consuming i have atlon xp 2200 1024mb ddr333 ram approx times for one dual layered dvd decrypt 10 - 15 mins, encode video to 4.7gb 1-2 hours burn to disc 30 mins.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced