copy data dvd

rsturbo 21:12 22 Feb 05

i have bought an expensive data dvd (satnav) that i want to backup for myself, what software is available to do this. all the software i can find only does psx and movies!

thanks for any help

MidgetMan 21:16 22 Feb 05

nero will do this unless the cd is copy protected in wghich case you are getting into the realms of "ripping"

rsturbo 21:24 22 Feb 05

what do i do next?? this disk cost me a fortune i don't want to take the original out of the house!!!

MidgetMan 21:30 22 Feb 05

have you tried nero? if it is copy protected then nero will tell you and either stop trying to copy or, as happens with music cds copies it anyway. there are loads of free progs that will copy protected discs. alcohol 120 is one, clone cd another

MidgetMan 21:34 22 Feb 05

opps just realised you are talking about a dvd NOT cd, sorry, ok, slightly differant. Again try nero on the straight "copy dvd" option. if it tells you dvd is proteceted and cannot be copied then you need a "ripping" prog. Will have a look around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…