Copy (Ctrl + C) Problem

dds115 07:14 03 Jul 05

For the past few weeks, whenever I go to "Edit, Copy" or hit Ctrl + C, my computer says "This program has performed an illegal opperations" yada yada yada. Does anyone know anything that will fix this? I haven't installed anything new and have run adaware, spybot, and nortons. Thanks guys (and gals).

~Daniel

Diodorus Siculus 07:33 03 Jul 05

What operating system do you use?

If xp:

start

ru

sfc /scannow

IF Win98

start

run

sfc

For both you will need the CD in the drive.

Taff36 08:10 03 Jul 05

I always use the CTRL + Insert key combination to copy and the Shift + Insert key to paste - Easier because its a right hand thumb and index finger operation for both on a standard keyboard.

Does that work? (sfc scannow is the long term solution though)

dds115 03:17 04 Jul 05

I am running Win 98. sfc didn't fix it. I tried the whole "Ctrl Insert" and stuff and that game me the same error. Thanks for the advice, anyone else have anything that might work?

Stuartli 09:15 04 Jul 05

One possibility. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>Security tab>Customise>Misc and then check that Cut and Paste is enabled.

A downloadable file which is supposed to fix the problem:

click here (listed at click here)

But if nothing works then these may help:

click here(L)-transfer-1201.html

click here

Terry Brown 11:58 04 Jul 05

If all else fails, insert the win98 CD and re-install over the top of the original. This wil repair all your settings, however any email or Favorites will be lost unless you save them to a folder (create a folder-- go to your email program highlight the files you want to keep and drag to the new folder. the email will be saved as subject line.eml

dds115 23:06 04 Jul 05

That registery file fixed the problem, thank you all very much!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…