Copy Complete Hard drive

meater 14:53 26 Mar 04

Please can somebody tell me which is the best way to make a complete Copy of my Hard Drive. Somebody mentioned in a magazine that it was easier to use a program called "Drive Image" than to use "Nortons Ghost". Would it be possible to put another Hard Drive into your computer and copy your C drive onto it, so if you had a failure on your C Drive, you could swop drives, make the spare one the master, and carry on as normal?
Would appreciate any help on this matter.

Regards,

Meater

edstowe 14:59 26 Mar 04

Using the Drive Copy facility in DriveImage 7, copying your hard drive is easy peasy. It does involve (as all of these things do) opening your computer case and moving drives around.

€d

edstowe 15:00 26 Mar 04

You could also use DriveImage to back up your drive. You can be up and running again in a few minutes that way without and swap overs of drives.

€d

Wak 15:07 26 Mar 04

Hi, I do this all the time backing up My C:\ drive to D:\ drive using the free XXCOPY.
If you have Win 98 then use XXCOPY but if you have Win XP you must use XXCLONE.
Full instructions are given at click here and it copies (clones) the entire system including the registry, program files and data.
When XXCOPY is installed on C:\ you simply go to Start/ program files/ DOS Prompt and type:

XXCOPY C:\ D:\/clone

Everything is then copied across from one drive to the other.
Hope this helps.

SEASHANTY 15:08 26 Mar 04

This website gives a good understanding of using Drive Image to backup your C drive
click here

meater 15:34 26 Mar 04

Many thanks for your help with the above query about Copying Hard Drives.

Regards,

Meater

Smiler 16:41 26 Mar 04

Good info, keep this for future use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…