copy CD-Rom failed

johnincrete 14:46 04 Oct 08

I have an autoplay CD-ROM that I want to backup in case the original is damaged. I've tried Nero "Copy CD" and it failed with a read error. I tried to copy the contents of the CD to a hard drive via Windows Explorer but got a CRC error. The CD runs fine with no errors. Any ideas how I can copy it?

eedcam 14:56 04 Oct 08

Just cause it plays does'nt mean there are no errors Notwithstanding copywrites .You could tryextract it with this freebie first
click here

tullie 15:09 04 Oct 08

Its probably to stop piracy,i believe that its still illegal in this country to copy for your own use.

Sea Urchin 15:24 04 Oct 08

Nero can run a trial copy in simulation mode to advise whether the disk is protected from piracy. I'd suggest you try that before going any further.

baldydave 16:34 04 Oct 08

Is the cdrom data,music or game?

skidzy 17:41 04 Oct 08

CRC Error

Cyclic Redundancy Check

This normally indicates bad media or corrupt file/s

Can you try the disc on another computer,this will at least confirm the data is in tact.

johnincrete 06:55 05 Oct 08

baldydave:
It is a "picture Dictionery" which has menus, much colour, background music, some animation.

Skidzy:
It fails on 3 computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…