Copy cd

Somaht 15:04 13 Mar 06

I'm using windows XP home. I've had Nero 6 but recently it gave me probs in that it would write 46% but would then cease. I therefore downloaded the trial version of nero 7. But same prob. Writes 46% and then stops. The bit that is copied is perfect. Any ideas?

Samoht

ACOLYTE 15:10 13 Mar 06

Somthing in the background stopping the copy?
the data cannot be read quick enough to write from the hard drive?,try lowering your copy speed
defraging the hard drive and clearing out the junk files may all help.Look and see if both the hard drive and the burner are running in DMA mode and not PIO mode this can slow down the copy and somtimes stop it working.Also is the data you are trying to copy corrupted at that point?.

€dstowe 15:10 13 Mar 06

What is it you are copying?

Some copy protection methods may be designed to make you think that the process is going OK and then failing part way through - causing you to waste numerous disks thinking it will work next time and blaming your setup for not working properly.

Totally-braindead 16:03 13 Mar 06

€dstowe maybe correct, a friend of mine was trying to copy a music CD and it failed at around the 40-50% mark, tried it several times and each time it failed, copied something else and it was ok. The disk he was originally trying to copy was copy protected and that was why it failed.

bruno 19:04 13 Mar 06

I have a language course spread over 8 CD's and I copied the first seven perfectly but as soon as I try number eight, it gets to 86%, and nothing I do can get it to print.I suspect either a fault on the disc I am trying to copy,or maybe protection,as suggested above.I don't know why they would only protect the last disc.

woodchip 19:09 13 Mar 06

There is no such thing as "The bit that is copied is perfect" in Nero. It ether works or does not work. If you can read data etc after you burn a disc then it's burned what you asked it to, or it's some other fault

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac