coprocessor not installed

Sean.f 10:53 30 Nov 09

Hello I have just installed windows 7, and when I go into my computer managment it shows coprocessor driver as not been installed, is this something I need to bother with as I can not work out how to install the driver. pc always say it cannot be found.

gengiscant 12:51 30 Nov 09

Is it possible to tell us what the error message is you are getting in full please.

Sean.f 13:28 30 Nov 09

In device manager it shows as driver not installed, my driver disk is only for xp or vista not win 7 when I try and update driver it says driver can not be found.

gengiscant 13:36 30 Nov 09

You are getting this message under the processors label in device manager?

T0SH 13:48 30 Nov 09

Try updating your motherboard chipset drivers and also update your graphics card drivers if the motherboard drivers fail to fix your issue

Cheers HC

Sean.f 14:29 30 Nov 09

gengiscant
In device manager it has other devices with a ? then click on that to show the coprocessor with a ! then right click properties and it says This device is not configured correctly.

T0SH
I have never hade to update my motherboard chipset drivers so wouldnt know how to,

gengiscant 13:57 01 Dec 09

can you post a screenshot of device? or post the make and model of your pc.

Sean.f 09:46 02 Dec 09

my mother board is a GF8100VM-M5

In xp I can see Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator (what ever that is) in the same place in device manager where the coprocessor driver is showing in Win 7.
I have d/l'ed the motherboard driver fot win 7 and now where it was saying coprocessor driver is missing that has gone all together.

This is part of what is shown in device manager
xp
+network adapters
+Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator
+Ports(com/lpt)
+Processors

Win 7 (before update)
+network adapters
+other devices?
---coprocessor! (no driver found)
+Ports(com/lpt)
+Processors

win 7 now
+network adapters
+Ports(com/lpt)
+Processors

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…