Copies from DVD-rom to DVD-rw

likedamaster 13:56 28 Jan 06

I have a big problem with my dvdrom drive, I used to could copy cds from one drive to another. For example, I have a DVD-rom drive and a CD-RW drive. Since then I have bought a DVD-rw drive and replaced my CD-RW drive and now I can't copy cds like I used to. About halfway through making a copy an error code pops up and I can't continue, so not only can't I finish copying a cd but I can no longer use that "half-copied" cd!!! Was it something I did wrong when I installed the new DVD-rw? What can I do to fix that problem of not being able to make copies from one drive to another? Can anyone help?

stalion 13:59 28 Jan 06

did you set the jumpers on the new dvd-rw drive to slave

pj123 14:45 28 Jan 06

Let us know what O/S you are using? What model DVD burner you have? What burning software you have?

likedamaster 15:25 28 Jan 06

stalion, I had the jumpers on Master.. changed them to Slave now it's working fine. Must've accidentally put them on master. Thank u

likedamaster 15:30 28 Jan 06

Why do the drives with the jumpers on master, slave etc. work that way? And if installed incorrectly, respond as such? I just want to gain a little more knowledge on this and maybe this post could be of help to others as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac