copied DVD does not play like the original?

kenwyn 07:00 17 Mar 05

I have tried to make backup copies of commercial DVDs. The finished copies contain only VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS FILES. Double clicking on the VIDEO_TS file folder, and then clicking the first available file, will invariably open the copy-DVD in Windows Media Player, and the main menu can than be accessed. However, if I load the copy-DVD into the player in the lounge, it recognises it has swallowed a DVD, but "cannot play disc'If this disc is an exact copy of the original, what bit of code has apparently been missed in the copy process to not allow it to load the Main Menu, when it is in the non-PC DVD player?

VideoSentry 07:37 17 Mar 05

I think you will find that they 'encode' the original DVD's so that they can not be 'backed up'.
This link may explain click here

kenwyn 07:52 17 Mar 05

not the case here - I think-as the DVD has gone through DVD DeCrypter & DVD Shrink etc, to remove Macrovision, regional encoding etc, so that it SHOULD play

MidgetMan 09:03 17 Mar 05

Could well be the dvd player itself, if it is an "old" they do have problems playing dvd rw, but the main clue lies in your comment that you have to double click the video-ts on your pc to make it play. I am at a loss as to why you need to use both dvd DeCrypter & dvd shrink when dvd shrink will do all that is needed. Have removed the menu whilst editing the files? try click here

jimv7 09:20 17 Mar 05
  TomJerry 09:33 17 Mar 05

get a cheap Chinese model, it is usually in very good quality and can deal with any disc you throw at it

kenwyn 09:44 17 Mar 05

just been looking at recent threads on similar problems & checked out a program called DVD Santa which has resolved the problem completely. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…