copernic search engine indexing problems

p;3 21:10 02 Nov 06

does anyone use copernic ? see here for the program details

click here

I have this search engine on three work computers that are networked;
Problem is that , on one of them I have completed the indexing from the central document base; however, I cannot get two of them to complete the indexing and each time I log into the computers they seem to have forgotten their previous indexing and return to the same place in the process each time;

I have no admin rights or access on the computers to change any settings; however, I am puzzled as to why the two machines just refuse to remember the indexing they have committed to memory and start from the same place each time I try to continue the indexing; I normally only have one machine working at a time to do the indexing, and it is frustrating to see the index committed to memory only to find, on my next log in that I am back to square one ; anyone any idea why this is happening?

This has been going on now for several days ( even a week or so ) and I cannot get the initial indexing completed on these two machines; the third machine is completed and only takes a few minutes to update, but the other two just refuse , for some reason, to retain the indexing information ; it is also "costy" on my time to sit and watch them( as I have to),and frustrating that they will not retain the indexing; any one any ideas please?

Jak_1 21:12 02 Nov 06

Prob better off asking your works system administrator.

p;3 21:22 02 Nov 06

I will have the computers remote accessed IF I have to but I was hoping that someone on here might have an idea of what could be going on that I can deal with ; hense my asking

Jak_1 21:41 02 Nov 06

What I mean is, if they are part of your works computer system then it may be because you do not have administration rights hence it may be the system admin is the only one who can alter the settings for you.

p;3 20:59 09 Nov 06

this problem continues; I have had both machines updated with the newer version of the program but they are still sticking; so next step is to get them reinstalled; all very frustrating ;

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…