CoolWebSearch messages

shep666 23:28 19 Apr 05

I have windows xp and have seperate user accounts for my sons. MS antispyware keeps coming up with a message about CWS trying to hijack the browser settings when they use the pc, but not when I do.

folliwng other threads I downloaded CWS shredder v2.1 but it said I did not have a variant on my pc. How do I stop the messages appearing?

rawprawn 10:09 20 Apr 05

Open MS Anti Spyware, click on Real Time Protection, and then look in ,or disable each in turn of the three listed agents. Internet, System, & Application. if you deactivate them one at a time you should be able to find out which is causing the problem then open that and do the same with the "Checkpoints" it has. I am not sure this will be the answer, but I is what I would do.

rawprawn 10:12 20 Apr 05

Alternatively when it finds CWS is trying to hijack Click always ignore, if you are sure there isn't a problem.

Diemmess 10:14 20 Apr 05

Try this Coolweb shredder. Meant to be a specific cure for your problem.

click here

rawprawn 11:01 20 Apr 05

I understood him to say he had tried CWS.

rawprawn 11:06 20 Apr 05

The other alternative is to pos a Hijackthis log and wait for the experts to decipher it.
click here

dazza39 13:41 20 Apr 05

Another thing to try is when it pops up,click to remove then do a complete scan,that should clear it.

shep666 22:53 20 Apr 05

Thank you for your prompt responses.

I did try the shredder but thatdid not find anything. When it comes up on my son's accounts I tried removing via MS Antispyware and it says it does but it is back next time. I have completed numorus full scans and Norton internet security scans to no avail.

The only odd thing is I cannot get it to appear on my windows account. The only difference is that my son's windows accounts are 'limited'.

I will try some of the other suggestins and report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…