coolsearch and blazefind problems

A Mutu 19:52 21 Apr 04

i keep having my aol connection automatically started and upon investigation i find it is either coolsearch.biz or blazefind.bridge or both. i have spybot and according to all 4 mirrors is up to date. spybot finds blazefind every time i run it and says it has been deleted and i immunise and am told all products are blocked, but these programs are still there trying to connect through aol. how is this happening and how can i get rid of them. i also get a notification of DSO Exploit every time i run spybot.

muppetmark 20:42 21 Apr 04

from click here
will clear coolsearch out, then try adaware from click here it is essential you update before running.

LeadingMNMs 20:46 21 Apr 04

I would recommend Ad-aware. It may be necessary for the computer to be restarted so that these files can be removed before they are run. I would also recommend opening 'msconfig' and removing them if they have appeared in the Startup items. Do you have a firewall ? A firewall will allow you to control program access to the Internet and so you can blocked them from gaining access.

Graham ® 21:00 21 Apr 04

You do not give your Windows version. If it has System Restore (eg. XP) you may have to turn it off first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…