Cooling

Sapins 14:43 08 Aug 03

I have read lots of threads on cooling a computer anyone any suggestions to cool the user in 42c temperature?

Regards,

Sapins.

scooby43 14:50 08 Aug 03

hi Sapins

Is you cpu and AMD or a Pentium 4 ? because if its and AMD 42c is normal temperature so need to worry all you need to make sure you have a suitable fan

cheers

-pops- 14:53 08 Aug 03

I always think a cup of tea is one of the best things to cool you down. Certainly not cold drinks.

Brian

Djohn 14:59 08 Aug 03

Large block of Ice placed in front of a fan! It really does work. and as -pops- says, a nice cup of tea ;o)

Brian-336451 15:14 08 Aug 03

Try one of those sprays used to dampen ironing (what's that I hear) and spray it across the output from a fan - it has to be on the finest setting, or one of those pump up bottles for dispensing stuff onto the roses.

It feels great and cools you quite a lot without soaking you completely.

B*gger the computer, that can be dealt with later!

Sapins 15:22 08 Aug 03

Not THAT Brian May, tried the "Roses" spray, the wife says I shouldn't get greenfly now! Leaving the computer on, its cooling the room down;-)

Sapins 15:23 08 Aug 03

Now I know its too hot I'm talking to myself!!

Jester2K II 17:07 08 Aug 03

I heard that too - but i found that when i poured it over my head (as per the London Marathon) it definately made me hotter!!

I tried a couple of fans as per my PC case (one blowing in and one drawing out) but cut my tongue on the blades. Sitting down was out too.

A cool shower every 30 mins or so seems to work best....

Smiler 17:37 08 Aug 03

I think scooby43 lost the plot. I have a room fan blowing warm air from the passage over my naked body (not a pretty sight)which evaporates the moisture giving the illusion of cooling, but I'm still B***** hot!!!!!!!!!!

Terrahawk 17:56 08 Aug 03

side off pc huge floor standing fan dunno if its cooling the pc but it sure blows the dust out

Smiler 18:10 08 Aug 03

We're not trying to cool the pc we want to cool the user??????????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced