Coolermaster Xdream

For some time now I have been thinking about replacing the fan/heatisnk that came supplied with my AMD XP2000.

I am considering a Coolermaster Xdream and would welcome any comments on these models.

I understand that they are also easierr to install, is that true?

Longnose 11:35 15 Jun 03

Hi JamesF,

I have been running the XDream on my AMD 1800+ for some months now. It was easy to install (although some mobo's might have a space problem with the clip handle).

Mobo's temp change from =- 64°C to mid to high thirties (running at slow speed). I haven't had the need to run the fan at full speed at all. (Gets VERY hot here in South Africa > 30°C).

Just me sure to use a good thermal paste (Arctic Silver is the best).

Many thanks, Longnose.

Space is something that I will have to think about. My board is an Asus A7V333.

Although I have heard of Arctic Silver paste, do you know if it's easily available. If not, is the Coolermaster paste any good?

Longnose 12:02 15 Jun 03

Arctic Silver should be freely available - just make sure that it is the genuine stuff. I can only talk from a South African viewpoint though.

You can try Coolermaster's paste - such be OK.
Just make sure that you apply the paste evenly - as this good lead to your pc booting up and shutting down again - build in safety on AMD chips to prevent overheating.

Good luck, JP

vinnyT 12:51 15 Jun 03

Hi JamesF,
Not used the Coolermaster Xdream so can't help you there.

Arctic Silver is available from PCWorld and prob from most computer supply shops (including the smaller one-man businesses).

NEOSPHEAR 14:43 15 Jun 03

using a coolmaster xdream with a XP2100+ runs about 35c idle and upto 50c under load hope that helps :) overall its a good cooler but not sure if theres anything out there now thats better in the line of air cooling?

STEVE71163 14:47 15 Jun 03

Where can you get these coolmaster xdreams from???

NEOSPHEAR 15:14 15 Jun 03

Goto click here and type in the quick find code 43374 the price is £8.58 inc vat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…