cool web search hijacked!

rsturbo 01:52 22 Nov 04

i can't rid my ie6 browser of a cool web search page hi jack. have tried all spyware removers i can think of cwshredder, spybot, adaware, hijackthis, stinger, avg, manually renaming homepage etc within regedit, spysweeper. funnily cwshredder does remove sysdll and restores 6 browser settings but as soon as i restart pc its back also looked in msconfig and turned everything off. also removed all temp internet files/cookies and downloaded program files.

any ideas would be appreciated - i can then put this pc over to sp2

thanks for any help

hugh-265156 01:55 22 Nov 04

sorry i dont know.

are they all up to date?

try running them all in safe mode maybe.

Giggle n' Bits 01:56 22 Nov 04

Excellent cleaner, do a search at google for it and hopefully that should blast it away.

Micro-Man 16:00 23 Nov 04

Read the following postings on click here.

Micro-Man 16:07 23 Nov 04

Home Search Assistant hijack is a variant of the cool web search hijack. Remember to follow all the links to TomCoyote's forum, Castle Cops, PCHell etc. or hope nellie2 looks in on your posting.

I cleaned a friends pc after reading all these postings.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:13 23 Nov 04

Could be lurking in system restore. switch off restor boot in safe mode run shredder reset you home page and reboot if ok then switch restore back on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…