Cool Web Search

My Yahoo anti-spyware tells me that a hijacher called CWD.Dwinf is in my computer (XP Home).

Spybot, Adaware and Spywareblaster haven't identified it. Although the Yahoo programme claims to get rid of it, in fact it doesn't.

The reference given is C:\Windows\help_dcc.dll and C:\Windows\help_ecc.dll, which I can't find manually. I assumed this was a variant of Cool Web Search but CWShredder doesn't identify it.

Should I be concerned and if so, how can I get rid of it please?

AndySD 15:34 05 Feb 05
  mattyc_92 15:37 05 Feb 05

I can't find it on the Symantec website, so it may be just Yahoo's programme playing around with you...

Try contacting Yahoo and ask them what it is and that you can't find it on any other product from other companies and see what they say...

Cuddles 19:59 05 Feb 05

Try cwshredder from click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:26 05 Feb 05

Have you tried the Detection and Removal at the bottom of the page on AndySD link?

SANTOS7 20:30 05 Feb 05

click here
if you scroll down the page you will see removal instructions,hope this helps,good luck..........

SANTOS7 20:32 05 Feb 05

ME IDIOT,, could have saved meself a bit of time if i had clicked andySDs link, oh well!!!!!

Santos & Andy SD - thanks for that link but the procedure is too technical for my modest accomplishments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…