Cool and Quiet

Sans le Sou 09:30 18 Jan 05

Hello - Have been surfing the bios in my machine -Mesh AMD64 3400 and the option for "cool and quiet" is disabled on the K8V Mobo. Has anyone actually used this feature and is it worth enabling it.

Sans le Sou 09:45 18 Jan 05

Typical Mesh - Not supplying the driver CD that is required for this feature, so it looks like ringing them up, (groan)

crumbdias 14:18 18 Jan 05

In the bios enable cool and quiet and save changes. when pc restarts go into Displays and then screen saver through the control panel.Click on power for the monitor and choose minimal power management in the drop down box under power schemes, then apply. This now allows the system to take control of the cpu. Basically it now decides itself what speed it needs to run at depending on what you are doing. I have an A8V deluxe board running 64 3500+. Mine runs between 1000 when doing simple things and 2200 when gaming. hope this helps

Sans le Sou 09:29 19 Jan 05

Thanks fr the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…