Cool Edit 2.1 recording from soundcard

Plastic Dracula 16:34 02 Jan 05

I have recently bought a new PC and today tried to record an internet radio broadcast using Cool Edit 2.1
I have done this on my old PC with no problems but my new PC will not do it.
If I plug my stereo into the mic socket on the PC it will work, but sound coming through the soundcard from the internet or even from Windows Media Player will not record on Cool Edit. Any idea why?

pj123 16:50 02 Jan 05

I think you need to plug it into the Line In socket not the Mic. The impedence on the Mic is not good enough.

Plastic Dracula 17:00 02 Jan 05

The major problem though is not being able to record Internet radio broadcasts. Anything plugged in is ok, anything else such as internet radio and files played on Media player cannot be recorded. Its as if Cool Edit is not registering that the sound is coming from the sound card

britto 17:24 02 Jan 05

using my creative recorder I have to select the source of the recording ie. line in,microphone. to record from computer the selection is What U Hear. does Cool Edit have this function?

Plastic Dracula 17:26 02 Jan 05

It does have lots of options but they only seem to be line in and mic sockets on the PC. Not the option of recording direct from the soundcard.
Might have to have a look at the old PC to compare the settings

pj123 17:30 02 Jan 05

Download the free version of JetAudio from click here

Will play/record anything you throw at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…