Cool !

Stowit 12:06 26 Jun 04

I've posted before about my cpu temperature, that was a fairly constant 50 degrees having fitted a Zalman heat sink & fan. My old noisy H/s & Fan kept it nearer to 30 odd degrees. Further case fans din't seem to have helped. I've just swapped HDD & installed XP pro (on going upgrades). My CPU now runs at 37 degrees. I was just wondering if any of the knowledgeable folk out there have any thoughts. I can only see it being XP thats changed significantly for the CPU (the HDD is bigger) Thought it may be of interest to anyone 'clock watching' with an older O/S.

Dumble452 12:18 26 Jun 04

I've noticed that my AMD 2500 Barton runs cooler on XP, normally about 37 deg C according to MBM 5. but the BIOS says it is running about 10 deg higher than that. Windows 98 triggered the thermal cut out, set at 70 deg., during the hot weather.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…