cookies question

daisy2bell 20:55 29 Nov 06

At the moment I have AdAware, a squared, ccleaner, spybot,spywareblaster and windows defender running on my PC.
There is one site/forum that I belong to which is imperative that their cookie does not get deleted.
Which of the above programmes gets rid of cookies, and can I configure then to accept certain cookies.
Thanks

Technotiger 21:04 29 Nov 06

Hi, sorry I cannot answer your question directly, but I would have thought that the Forum you are referring to should be able to give that answer.

Good louck.

Technotiger 21:05 29 Nov 06

Ooops ... Good Luck!

and PS - I would have thought also that other members of that Forum would have faced and overcome the problem of the Cookie!

ed-0 21:10 29 Nov 06

ccleaner will delete your cookies.

Just un-tick the cookies section click here This should save them.

You seem to use quite a few programs, do you think you need them all?

interzone55 21:25 29 Nov 06

Which browser are you using?

Firefox can be configured to delete cookies on exit, goto Tools / Options / Privacy near the bottom there is a section called Private Data with a settings button, take the tick out of Cookies and it will no longer remove any cookies on exit.

octal 21:56 29 Nov 06

The other thing you could do is to search for the cookie and save a copy of it so that if it gets deleted you can just replace it with the backed up copy.

anskyber 23:17 29 Nov 06

The answer is in addition to the answers above that potentially all of the programs you mention can, if set up that way, remove cookies. C Cleaner and Spybot S and D are the most likely and they can as suggested be configured to either ignore certain cookies or not to look at them at all for cleaning purposes.

If you do lose a cookie then in common with other sites it will be picked up again the next time you visit the site unless you have set your security to accept none. So saving them is to allow simple navigation the next time you visit the site rather than losing them never to be seen again.

daisy2bell 08:54 30 Nov 06

Thanks guys. Sorry I'm late in replying.
The site that I am on is the genoligy site (subscription service), and if your cookies are wiped 3 times, you have to register the browser again, which results in a new password each time this is done, which is obviously a pain.
They are making sure that you only use this software on one computer and on one browser.
I am using aol, is aol linked with IE?

Technotiger 16:17 30 Nov 06

Is AOL linked with IE ...

click here

daisy2bell 16:38 30 Nov 06

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…