cookies help needed

budlia 23:12 27 May 04

can anyone tell me how to enable cookies please, as my g/f cannot get into her mail now !!! i thought it was in internet options but i cant find it (not sure what i`m looking for )any help gratefully recieved.

Charence 23:18 27 May 04

It's TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > PRIVACY and just use the slider to change the cookie setting. Medium should work for most sites.

Charence

obbit 23:18 27 May 04

internet options privacy tab click default

budlia 23:29 27 May 04

thx , but she not got privacy in there, she`s got windows 98 2nd edition,her options are; general,security, content, connections, programs and advanced.

QuickHare 23:33 27 May 04

Under Security, click Custom Level. In the box that appears, there should be a section called Cookies, and in that you should find an option to Enable, Disable or Prompt cookies. Select either Enable or Prompt (Enable if you trust cookies, Prompt if you want to have a say in it, but the latter does get frustrating after a while).

Ok to all boxes and hopefully it should work (Fingers crossed).

budlia 23:52 27 May 04

thx , she`s into her hotmail now , but , the delete cookies button not there anymore, and, her home page keeps changing to 'about blank' if she changes her home page again it changes to blank again , anyone got any ideas please.i think when i go to hers on sat i gonna put xp on her comp to make it easier for her !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…