Cookies have locked me out of Amazon account

Sneeze1 16:39 11 Nov 08

Unfortunetly I can't access my Amazone account because when I try to put in my username and password, it demands I enable my cookies. I went to Internet Options, Advanced and moved it down to so that it would enable 'all' cookies and tried signing in again but it still wouldn't let me in. I have found this with Facebook as well. Have tried ringing Amazon, but they said they couldn't help me.

Please can you tell me if Firefox is better then IE7 which I have at the moment? I won't lose any date will I? Because I have stories which I have saved in Open Office.

Sneeze1 12:22 12 Nov 08

I have tried everything with Internet Explorer but to no avail, so I will be using Firefox which seems OK with it.

birksy 14:00 12 Nov 08

enable cookies, and then restart IE to start it with the new setting? Would have thought rebooting the computer at the start of a new day would have done the same thing.

Have you got IE or security software, that cleans out the cookie file when you stop using IE?
That means your passwords and log on names are lost as well.

What happened, between being able to get on to Amazon, and being unable to do so? What disabled the cookies file?

Sneeze1 17:18 12 Nov 08

I have restarted and I am running Kaspersky anti virus. I did use a programme called CCleaner which may have messed it up I don't know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…