Cookies are not enabled on your browser

MoiraB 14:40 22 Dec 05

I am currently getting this message when I try to connect to some websites even although I have visited them before. My internet privacy settings are set to medium but even if I change this to low I still get the message and can't connect to the website. Any solutions. I have Windows XP and am using Internet Explorer 6.0

stalion 14:47 22 Dec 05

if you are useing ie go to tools,internet options, privacy select advanced and tick allow cookies on first party cookies and third party cookies

Falkyrn 14:50 22 Dec 05

Also check your firewall as some also block cookies as part of their privacy protocols

ade.h 14:50 22 Dec 05

And add the URLs of each cookie to your whitelist, so that they should be allowed even if the slider is set to High. Note that setting the slider to Block All will over-ride the whitelist.

MoiraB 09:27 23 Dec 05

Have tried all of these and still getting the same message. Cannot understand why this is suddenly happening with a website I visit regularly. Have checked for spyware and viruses but both OK.

Skyver 09:29 23 Dec 05

Clear your temporary internet files, (do Delete Cookies & Delete Files), try again.

ade.h 14:39 23 Dec 05

Also try viewing it in another browser; it's just possibly a fault with the site. These things do happen occasionally.

MoiraB 16:15 23 Dec 05

Have already cleared the temporary internet files - no difference.

stalion 16:23 23 Dec 05

try a repair click here

MoiraB 12:15 26 Dec 05

I followed the instructions and carried out the System File Check but still the same problem. When I tried Method 2 Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP it did not find the file ie.inf and when I looked in Windows Explorer the folder Windows\inf isn't there

ade.h 13:37 26 Dec 05

You haven't yet mentioned whether you tried a different browser and what the outcome was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…