COOKIES

denbutton 01:10 26 Feb 04

I do an online college course. To enable me to work from home the access page says I need to enable cookies to enter the log-on site. I have done that by going to TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/PRIVACY and moved the slider to ACCEPT ALL COOKIES. Clicked on APPLY then OK

My problem: Even with this setting the cookies are not enabled. Is it a corruption in the registry causing this? If so how to I go about correcting this.

Your help will be very very much appreciated because I need to catch up with my coursework.

Mark

Tog 07:13 26 Feb 04

Do you have a firewall running?

denbutton 09:03 26 Feb 04

yes ZoneAlarm and the cookie control is enabled for the course site

Diodorus Siculus 09:16 26 Feb 04

Try clearing internet files / cookies and restart your browser.

Tog 09:32 26 Feb 04

I don't have Zonealarm but in NIS, when it firsts visits the site it sets up rules automatically and they then have to be deleted before new rules can be created. Does Zonealarm do anything like that?

denbutton 09:17 01 Mar 04

Thanks Tog and Diodorus for your time and your help. I managed to resolve the problem in the end by reformatting the hard drive and putting the programs back on and all it now working fine and I can continue with the course.
Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…