Cookie Management

morddwyd 09:19 09 Jun 13

I know there are plenty of cookie management programmes available, but I'm looking for particular type, one that allows you to accept or reject as they set, rather than look up a list.

There is a superb little programme called Cookie Pal but it is only compatible with Opera and IE.

Anybody know of anything similar for Chrome and FF.

I've had a browse through extensions and add-ons but didn't flag up anything that really fitted the bill.

northumbria61 16:18 09 Jun 13

There are some cookie managers amongst this lot for Firefox.hereenter link description here

northumbria61 16:19 09 Jun 13

I prefer the Chocolate Chip ones myself!

morddwyd 18:39 09 Jun 13

Like I said, there are plenty available, but I'm looking for a specific facility,like Opera has built in.

lotvic 19:37 09 Jun 13

In Firefox you can set it to 'ask me every time' click on Tools | Options | and the Privacy tab and then in the drop down menu for 'Keep until:' choose 'ask me every time' then you get a pop up box every time a cookie is sent asking if you want to allow or Deny etc. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences

Woolwell 19:44 09 Jun 13

You can get IE10 (probably earlier versions too) to prompt for cookies IE security settings.

Green 1 02:04 10 Jun 13

I use Cookie Wall, I think it's what your looking for, hope this helps.

morddwyd 08:26 10 Jun 13

Thanks.

That FF method was a bit deeply embedded and I hadn't found it!

Never used IE, but I'll have a look at Cookie Wall.

morddwyd 18:34 10 Jun 13

Update -

Cookie Wall is IE only, but the FF fix is working.

Still looking for something for Chrome!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5