Converting zip files to mp3

thumbscrew 09 Oct 12

I've got Switch Sound File Converter installed and some zip files in my downloads. Can anyone talk me through using Switch to convert to mp3 please? I've tried a few times, unsuccessfully.

woodchip 09 Oct 12

First double click a Zip to Unzip it, before you can do anything with it

thumbscrew 09 Oct 12

Thanks Lazarus and woodchip. I've actually done this before a couple of times successfully,however there's some sort of a glitch this time. The Extraction File Wizard appears, but when I click next a box appears saying.."File slipped unknown compression method".

thumbscrew 09 Oct 12

Thanks again Lazarus, downloaded it, no joy kept asking for a password.

lotvic 10 Oct 12

The password for a protected, compressed (zip) file is not recoverable. If you lose the password, you will be unable to access that file.

I suggest you go back to where you got link to download them from and make a note of the password for the files.

thumbscrew 10 Oct 12

Thanks lotvic, no trace anywhere I'll retire gracefully...thanks everyone.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message