Converting Word docs to pdf queries

Wessie 16:16 26 Jul 06

Does anyone know why when converting word documents to pdf the margins are larger than the original and the fonts are smaller. I am using Acrobat Standard v7 and Word 2003 and I am converting invoices.

DieSse 16:24 26 Jul 06

I can't help with your specific query - but I can tell you I use the free Primo PDF Creator, and my documents don't suffer from this effect.

You have nothing to lose by trying it - click here

Diemmess 16:38 26 Jul 06

I have limited hands-on experience with Acrobat v.6
If I commit straight from Word, I get a straight conversion with virtually no choices.

If I "Print" and then choose Adobe PDF as the printer, there is a host of Properties and other menus to choose from. Adobe PDF settings tab will select the paper size (default is Letter)

The important box (maybe) is at the last opportunity before printing, where I can choose No Scaling or a drop-down of page sizes to print.

UncleP 20:37 26 Jul 06

There are a number of reasons why the font and margin size may be changed, but the commonest is, as Diemmess states, that the default page size is set to the American standard (Letter) which is of a different size and shape to A4. So the answer is simply to ensure that the page size is set to A4 - which I assume you are using - from the beginning, and that the scaling factor is 100%.

There are some pdf converters which will not accept A4 as an option, but this is not the case with Acrobat (although I no longer use it, there are more versatile alternatives now available).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac