Converting .vsp to DVD format

pienter 18:32 15 Jun 07

I have edited a home video using Ulead Video Studio 11 and saved the result as a file with VSP extension. I now wish to put this onto a DVD so that it can be viewed via a DVD player/TV screen. I have tried burning a disc using the VSP file as source but the DVD player does not recognise the format. What do I have to do to get the video converted into a format which all DVD players will recognise? There does not appear to be a method in the Ulead programme to save to DVD which would be the ideal route.

GroupFC 23:16 15 Jun 07

There must be! It is described as "Video Editing & DVD Authoring Made Easy".

I believe that the .vsp file is just the project file and that you have not actually finished the movie! In VideoStudio 10, when you have finished editing etc, you have to go to the "Share" tab and "create disc" (or alternatively tools>create disc) and then that opens DVD Authoring Wizard and you just follow the prompts.

There is a pretty large .pdf guide (14.2MB)at click here, which if it anything like the one for 10, will give you cahpter and verse on what to do!

HTH

pienter 09:16 16 Jun 07

Silly me. I thought that the Share tab only referred to emails etc. and expected to find 'Save to DVD' or suchlike to appear under the File/Save alternatives. Thanks to GroupFC the problem is hopefully solved.

GroupFC 12:00 16 Jun 07

Glad to have been of service!

VideoStudio does take a bit of time to get to grips with. There is a wealth of information in the .pdf file, and I recommend that you have a good trawl through that.

There is a fairly active forum for VideoStudio at click here
that has a lot of useful info. on it. If you have a few hours spare it might be worth having a trawl through there as well.

Good Luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…