Converting VOB files

ant17 11:41 17 May 07

Hi, I wonder if someone could help.

I am looking to edit a DVD. I have used DVD Decrypter and the files are now "VOB" files. I have seen various links to "converters" but most of these only convert small files to MPEG format (up to 100kb?).

Will programs such as Ulead Video Studio or Pinnacle convert these bigger files for me?

I have looked on the specifications but want to be sure this will work before I part with my cash!

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 11:57 17 May 07

This guide on VOB editing is pretty good; cheers, Dio

Gongoozler 12:21 17 May 07

A Google search for "edit vob files" came up with this at the top of the list click here. (Is that the one you found Dio)

David4637 13:09 17 May 07

Pinnacle Studio V943 or later will edit VOBs (has to convert them I believe into MPEGs. Then you use a time line to add transitions etc. Then code the editted scenes back to a VOB, ready to be burnt to DVD (very time consuming for a one hour movie or more). David

David4637 13:18 17 May 07

Its not free, I would like more info of how good it is before I DL it. David

ant17 14:54 17 May 07

Thanks for the replies. Pinnacle Studio V943 sounds good. I do need some decent video editing software but want to make sure it will convert VOB files to MPEG before purchasing. Any other suggestions? ulead video studio was recomended to me but I dont know if it will be suitable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…