converting a .vob file to a .wmm file

Ben capewell 19:33 21 Nov 07

All i want to do is to convert something from dvd wich is a .vob file and convert it to something i can edit and cut bits out, like windows movie maker, i have just had a quick google for some software but some say free trials and these things i am always , doubting about.
has any body had any luck !!!

MCE2K5 19:44 21 Nov 07

Full Free Program click here

At the Bottom of the Page.

MAJ 19:49 21 Nov 07

Or Chopper XP. click here

David4637 13:37 22 Nov 07

When you have editted the vob - removed some content, will it then save it back as a VOB? Thanks David

MAJ 14:16 22 Nov 07

I haven't used it myself, David4637, but yes, it saves back to .vob file.

David4637 13:38 23 Nov 07

Thanks MAJ will give it a try. David

MAJ 13:45 23 Nov 07

I did try another program, David4637, it seemed very good, although it is a 30 day trial. It takes your vob files and lets you cut pieces out (ads in Coronation Street, for example) and saves back in mpeg format, which can be then burnt to CD or DVD. The quality seemed excellent to me. Might be worth a try, it's called MPEG2VCR click here.

David4637 14:58 24 Nov 07

Thanks for the info, I will try out chopper XP first, cause its free, and it may be quicker at rendering than when I use Pinnacle Studio v943 Plus. David

Ben capewell 20:44 26 Nov 07

Thanks MCE2K5 chopper very good, converted the .vob to .wmv and then used windows movie maker to edit and then saved the file back to a .vob using nero.

FungusBoggieman 20:47 26 Nov 07

thanks MAJ
been looking for chopper xp for ages
couldn`t remember what it was called
very good aps to have

David4637 21:36 26 Nov 07

Please confirm that XP Chopper will not convert the edited wmv in WMM back to a vob - you need nero to do this? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…