Converting videos with Plextor PX AV200U

alfredgerald 15:05 01 Dec 08

Have managed to convert my old analogue videos to digital with the Plextor cable and software. One problem, I now have a narrow band about 5mm wide down the right hand side of the screen which is in black and white. The rest of the picture is fine in glorious colour. Any thoughts?

alfredgerald 11:51 03 Dec 08

Contacted Plextor, their reply is as follows.
The effect you reported is not related to the software or the converter itself but to
the structure of the old analogue videos. Due to the construction of a video camera
or a vhs video recorder the signals meant for vertical and horizontal synchronising
lead to a perfect result on the tv screen. If there is a slight mis-synchronizing
either in the vertical or horizontal area of the picture-signal itself it remains invisible
on the tv screen due to the tv standard. But this becomes visible in case you record this
file onto your harddisk and try to play it back either on a tv screen or on your computer
monitor.
The converter and software you are using are running perfectly fine.
You might want to edit the files you recorded with a video editor.
Is there an editor that can remove this band or correct the problem?

MCE2K5 01:11 04 Dec 08

"Is there an editor that can remove this band or correct the problem?":

Yes there is.

The Program I use is Ulead VideoStudio 11 Ultimate, Although VideoStudio 10 Plus works just as well.

What you do is, Insert Video, Select Video Filter, Choose Pan Video, Select Customise Filter, Tick No Panning, Select a Zoom Ratio of 108% for the Start & Finish (That's for a test video I just tried), Then click on the Share Tab, Then Create Video File or Create Disc (DVD , VCD or SVCD).

Free fully working trial of VideoStudio Pro X2 click here

Should work exactly the same.

eedcam 05:43 04 Dec 08

I would reply to Plextor they should
advise using a dvd recorder instead of their product much easier and better

alfredgerald 10:34 04 Dec 08

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…