Converting VHS to DVD

cafc1962 10:02 07 Sep 04

Hi, could some people post some advice on transferring VHS to PC. I have seen different options such as an internal card or external device but wondered which method gives the best quality. I would like to know the relative merits of either method and what would be a sensible entry level price to pay. I'm running XP Home edition with 80gb hard drive space with an Athlon 2400 processor so I think I'm ready to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cga 10:27 07 Sep 04

First see my answer in click here

If you want to go ahead then you will need a capture card (unless you are inputting from a digicam with a DV output into a firewire port).

Base on you wanting to capture analog VHS tapes you will need a cable (scart on one end with a direction switch and suitable connectors for your capture card on the other - probably composite + line in)

Software - there is a range to suit all pockets. You might get some bundled with your capture card, If not then try a free trial of ULEAD visual studio.

Hope this helps

jbaker65 11:18 07 Sep 04

I've been using an AverMedia DVD EZmaker card to capture my vhs to the computer and it seems to me to do all that is required. It costs about £35-40.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…