Converting VHS to CD or DVD

Devious Dave 19:56 18 Apr 03

Hi, I would like to covert all my VHS home video tapes onto CDs or DVDs. I understand I will need a TV card with an analogue input (to connect the VHS player to) and a CD or DVD burner to burn the videos on. However once burnt onto the CD/DVD I wish to play the videos on my DVD player (the one connected to my TV), is this possible? As most video on PCs is Mpeg, Avi etc and my DVD will not play this format. Does any know how to make the video playable on my DVD/TV, a piece of software perhaps?

Thanks, David

Devious Dave 20:24 18 Apr 03

trinity 20:26 18 Apr 03

Will your Dvd player play vcd format (or svcd)?

If so you can burn the mpeg files, if they are compliant format, to vcd/svcd. Some players will play vcd but only a few will play svcd, you need to check, click here to check if your dvd player will. This site can also give information on how to do what you want.

BTW if you have 'video in' on your graphics card you may not need a tv card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…