converting Tifs to Jpegs

borage 16:49 19 Jul 03

I am helping compile a report in a word document, and have some Tif files. Word reads these ok, but it slows everything down. I wanted to convert them to Jpegs so I can edit them in my photo editor; Paint allows me to do this in theory, but it gets completely bogged down trying to do it. Is there an easy way to convert them without them turning into massive files?

BrianW 17:16 19 Jul 03

What editor do you have? PSP/7/8 provide an easy conversion with the option to size the JPG file as you want. Most of the other mainstream editing progs have the same facility.

Valvegrid 17:21 19 Jul 03

There also a number of free viewers that will do the job, I use this one;

click here

Paul.

hssutton 17:33 19 Jul 03

Not sure why paint 'get's bogged down' converting from Tiff to Jpeg. On my PC using Paint, a Tiff saving as a Jpeg is almost immediate. A Tiff file @3.85Mb saved as a Jpeg comes out at 213Kb.

As Valvgrid says there are a number of freeware progs. available. click here

borage 00:27 20 Jul 03

thanks everyone - the problem was the size of the files (scans 4ftx3ft at 400dpi)- xnview worked a treat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…