Converting tiff files to jpeg

goodwin50 16:04 23 Aug 04

Ive taken some pictures on my digital camera and when ive transferred them, they're in TIFF format.. Can anyone advise me on how to convert them to jpeg and get them as a smaller file..

Cheers in advance..

Paul

iambeavis 16:10 23 Aug 04

Open them in your image editor, click on save as then jpeg - you should then have the option of how much compression to apply.

goodwin50 16:12 23 Aug 04

Ive tried that and it wont give me the option to save as a jpeg format.. any other ideas?

canard 16:17 23 Aug 04

Irfanview is efficient, free, easy to run. It will convert almost any pic files and do a lot more.

iambeavis 16:18 23 Aug 04

I believe that Xnview click here
and Irfanview click here can be used to convert image files too.

iambeavis 16:21 23 Aug 04

Sorry canard didn't mean to butt in, things are a bit sluggish here today, everything is taking ages to execute.

goodwin50 16:45 23 Aug 04

Cheers canard and iambeavis, just downloaded it and its worked a treat!! cheers for the help, most appreciated!! :-D

Stuartli 17:17 23 Aug 04

I wouldn't change the original TIFF files to .jpeg - you'll lose all the original quality.

When you have worked on a file or want one in .jpeg form, do a Save As.

If you look at your picture files from My Pictures or in a viewer, they should be listed as .jpeg files anyway. The original remains in situ.

If you just want to send a file in an e-mai, right click on the file and select Mail Receipient - it will automatically send it in .jpeg form. You can reduce this even further if required.

PixResizer (apart from the superb Irfanview) is a dedicated single/multiple batch converter for various picture file types from:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now