Converting Tif to Jpeg

Blanc Glacier 14:39 27 May 04

Hi could any1 tell me how i can change .tif files to .jpg ? Only i haven been scanning some documents and i cant change it the normal way you chnage file extensions. Any ideas? Cheers

hugh-265156 14:41 27 May 04

try opening it in any image viewer and click file/save as and then choose jpg or jpeg

Fruit Bat 14:44 27 May 04

Open pic in photo editing / browser software click save as, drop down box sshould give you options of file type one of which is jpg. Rem you will lose some quality using this file format. your original tiff file will still be onyour hard drive so delete if happy with new file

hugh-265156 14:44 27 May 04

if you dont have paint shop pro etc try using paint from all programs/accessories/paint

right click your pic and choose open with and choose it.

or free irfanview click here

Blanc Glacier 14:51 27 May 04

Photo Editor or Paint wasnt allowing me to do it. However i have just downloaded irfanview and its great. Thanks all for your help.

Stuartli 15:32 27 May 04

Just one thing, despite Fruit Bat's suggestion, don't delete the original TIF file if you have done a Save As (.jpeg), unless you are absolutely certain you will never wish to use/work on it again.

A .jpeg file is a lossy file and you can never replace lost detail etc.

Better to delete a .jpeg file than a TIF version - you can always create another .jpeg file for any reason in the future from the TIF file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…