converting sound file formats

sheila.weston 12:24 14 Mar 11

I have a DVD of a speech which I would like to get into my audacity program. I have downloaded 'cd to mp3 ripper', which also converts to wav, but I can't get it to work. Does anyone know this program or can you suggest an alternative? The files on the CD are *.cda format.

Thank you for any help.

sheila.weston 14:58 14 Mar 11

I have downloaded the audioconverter. is this what you mean. The problem is that I can't find the cds files which i want to convert. I have them on an audio cd and have copied them to my data drive as a second 'string', but neither show up. Any ideas? The play ok when I select them (on itunes).

woodchip 15:16 14 Mar 11

This may do it for you, I know nothing about the Program. click here

sheila.weston 17:31 14 Mar 11

Sorry. I have the two *.cda files on a CD (not DVD)and have also copied them to the hard drive.

Actually, the CD to MP3 Ripper is where I started! When you open the program, woodchip, what do I put in the 'Device' box. I am able to fill in the output folder box, but don't know what to put for 'no'. and the other spaces. There isn't an option to browse for the files which I want to convert.

woodchip 18:26 14 Mar 11

no idea i use another program that changes wav to mp3.

you should be able to brows to the files you want to change if its a cd load it first then brows to it and select it then press go. that should be all that's needed

woodchip 18:44 14 Mar 11

If you put the CD into the drive the program may see it and then you just press go after showing it where to save files to

sheila.weston 19:19 14 Mar 11

No, it just opens with itunes and then 'plays' the audio. Looking at the help file in the program it shows a picture where there are a lot of files in the larger space and the device box has 'D: CD-S520/A ASUS'. Something is wrong somewhere, but I can't see what. It is obviously not reading the CD for some reason.

sheila.weston 19:21 14 Mar 11

The CD is a Traxdata 16x speed 80 minute cd-R.

Perhaps I'll try copying the files to another CD.

sheila.weston 20:45 14 Mar 11

I have just found click here and will try that tomorrow.

sheila.weston 20:47 14 Mar 11

Cancel the last. It appears to be the same as the one I have tried.

eedcam 08:24 15 Mar 11

Sheila why not just rip the cd with WMP ?
you can either rip to mp3 or wav audacity will then accept either

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…