Converting PNG to JPEG

carper 19:50 07 Apr 07

Hi. I have downloaded some images from a web cam which are in PNG format but they will not copy to Picassa. Can I convert these to JPEG with an editing programme. I thought I could do it with Irfanview but I can't master it. Any help appreciated Regards Carper

Technotiger 19:56 07 Apr 07

Hi, courtesy of Google ...

click here

hssutton 20:14 07 Apr 07

Picassa should do what you want. Have you got PNG set as a file type?

Go to Tools>>Options>>File Types and make sure that PNG is selected along with other file types that you think you may require.

I have just created a PNG file in Photoshop and checked it out with Picasa.

bretsky 22:11 07 Apr 07

Fire up infranview, then make the infranview program window small, then get your web cam pix, say, from the my pictures folder or what ever folder you have them in and make that window small, so now you should have two small windows on your desk top.

Now drag and drop the picture you want to convert into infranview and from the toolbar goto file and from the drop down menu choose "save as" a new window will appear and goto "save as file type" and from the dropdown box it will give you a selection of file types one of which will be jpg, select where you want to save the file from "Save in" at the top of the window (Say, your desktop for easy access)and there you have in jpg format.

Sounds long winded but it's easy as!

Infranview v3.99 with all plugins.

HTH
bretsky ;0)

carper 22:16 07 Apr 07

Thanks for your replies. Suggestion by hssutton answered my query perfectly.
Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now