Converting PDF files to JPEG images.

Aelwyd 18:37 PM 12 Oct 11

Hi

I need to find a way of converting PDF files to JPEG images in order to place them onto a website using JOOMLA Content Management System .

As there appears to be a lot of 'converting' software available, can anyone recommend suitable software (simpler the better)!

Thanks

gigagiggles 19:00 PM 12 Oct 11

I found, while using cool pdf reader, the program will leave a gif file in the temp folder of the last page viewed of the pdf file. Then, it's just a matter of transferring the file to another folder for a graphics program to convert to jpg.

Of course, this process wouldn't work well if several pdf files are involved.

tonyq 19:03 PM 12 Oct 11

Aelwyd, if you are using win vista or win 7, you could use the "Snipping Tool" provided. Where you can then select the area you need,then paste as a jpeg.

Nontek 19:11 PM 12 Oct 11

In simple terms - take a screenshot of the PDF page(s), this will be automatically saved in your My Pictures in .jpg format.

Taff™ 10:16 AM 13 Oct 11

PDF Xchange Viewer will do this allowing you to save each page as a separate JPG file. Free Download File menu then export.

Taff™ 10:18 AM 13 Oct 11

By the way, it will export to various image types including GIF, PNG etc

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay