Converting PDF files to JPEG images.

Aelwyd 18:37 PM 12 Oct 11

I need to find a way of converting PDF files to JPEG images in order to place them onto a website using JOOMLA Content Management System .

As there appears to be a lot of 'converting' software available, can anyone recommend suitable software (simpler the better)!

gigagiggles 19:00 PM 12 Oct 11

I found, while using cool pdf reader, the program will leave a gif file in the temp folder of the last page viewed of the pdf file. Then, it's just a matter of transferring the file to another folder for a graphics program to convert to jpg.

Of course, this process wouldn't work well if several pdf files are involved.

tonyq 19:03 PM 12 Oct 11

Aelwyd, if you are using win vista or win 7, you could use the "Snipping Tool" provided. Where you can then select the area you need,then paste as a jpeg.

Nontek 19:11 PM 12 Oct 11

In simple terms - take a screenshot of the PDF page(s), this will be automatically saved in your My Pictures in .jpg format.

Taff™ 10:16 AM 13 Oct 11

PDF Xchange Viewer will do this allowing you to save each page as a separate JPG file. Free Download File menu then export.

Taff™ 10:18 AM 13 Oct 11

By the way, it will export to various image types including GIF, PNG etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X