Converting PDF files to JPEG images.

Aelwyd 12 Oct 11

Hi

I need to find a way of converting PDF files to JPEG images in order to place them onto a website using JOOMLA Content Management System .

As there appears to be a lot of 'converting' software available, can anyone recommend suitable software (simpler the better)!

Thanks

gigagiggles 12 Oct 11

I found, while using cool pdf reader, the program will leave a gif file in the temp folder of the last page viewed of the pdf file. Then, it's just a matter of transferring the file to another folder for a graphics program to convert to jpg.

Of course, this process wouldn't work well if several pdf files are involved.

tonyq 12 Oct 11

Aelwyd, if you are using win vista or win 7, you could use the "Snipping Tool" provided. Where you can then select the area you need,then paste as a jpeg.

Nontek 12 Oct 11

In simple terms - take a screenshot of the PDF page(s), this will be automatically saved in your My Pictures in .jpg format.

Taff™ 13 Oct 11

PDF Xchange Viewer will do this allowing you to save each page as a separate JPG file. Free Download File menu then export.

Taff™ 13 Oct 11

By the way, it will export to various image types including GIF, PNG etc

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message