Converting old "Wordstar" document to "Word"

diode 19:16 24 Nov 03

Can anyone tell me how to get an old "Wordstar" document (.wsd file extention) converted to a Word document. Or any other way I can read it. I only have one file to read so I don't really want to Splash out on more software. I am running "Word 2002", I have looked for import filters but don't seem to be able to find any.

DieSse 20:05 24 Nov 03

Try opening it as a file type "Extract text from any file" - this often gives you at least the main part of the text so that you can read it or make a new Word doc out of it.

diode 20:13 24 Nov 03

Just tried that, it certainly gets all the letters from the original in the correct order capitallisation etc. But only puts 3 words to a line, consequently the documaent is 25 pages long. Thanks though at least I can modify it manually if I have to. Thanks any other ideas to save a lot of modification.

jz 20:18 24 Nov 03

You can probably use the "Find and Replace" command in Word to quickly replace all the new lines characters with the space character. Put ^p in the find box, and a space character in the replace box. If that doesn't work, try ^l in the find box instead.

diode 22:02 24 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…