Converting old audio tapes to cd's advice please

Effie 00:42 29 Mar 08

Please can anyone advise me what is the easiest way of transferring old audio tapes to CD format please? I have a good quality cassette player with phono out , left and right.

Please can someone advise me as to what else do I need to get to be able to transfer the sound successfully over onto a CD , ?? hardware /software wise.

I have Nero Burning on my computer but I have no idea if it is of any use for this specific purpose.

Help anyone??

MCE2K5 00:57 29 Mar 08

How to transfer a tape to a CD using Nero click here

How to transfer a tape to a CD using Audacity click here

Effie 01:22 29 Mar 08

Many thanks MCE 2K5. Will now happily be able to get the appropriate leads and get started .

MCE2K5 01:22 29 Mar 08

Read through this thread "Trying to copy LP's ( 2nd bash!)" click here

johnnyrocker 08:07 29 Mar 08

it was resolved how?

johnny.

Effie 13:52 01 Apr 08

Just to give you an update, got the lead and tried using the Nero system first. Found it too difficult so tried Audacity programme next.

Problem is, I am trying to work off tapes which have a lot of background noise and family members speaking often in rather low vocals ( no music whatever, just converations) so unless anyone can come up with an alternative suggestion, it looks like I'll have to spend many very tedious hours trying various options from Audacity and hope for the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac