Converting music files?

misters 20:50 13 Mar 05

Hi just wanted to ask if anyone could rcommend a good program for converting music files you know like converting .cda into mp3 or wav or some other file or maybe there is another way of doin this on my pc?

Thanx in advance.

gartoye 20:54 13 Mar 05

you could try the easy cd - da extractor, its free off the web, converts audio files and rips cd's to various filetypes.

daemon 21:03 13 Mar 05

i use this with no probs click here and its free

misters 21:23 13 Mar 05

Thanx guys i'l have a look but none of the programs mention .cda which is the fille i'm most having trouble with.

Joe R 21:31 13 Mar 05

click here

another free converter.
.cda is just the same as a wave file, and converts with this with no problems.

ade.h 21:33 13 Mar 05

Windows Media Player is all you need to convert CD Audio format into WMA. Real Player will do it if you want MP3.

ade.h 21:34 13 Mar 05

Check the File Types list in WMP's options and you'll see what files it will handle. Cda is included.

misters 22:06 13 Mar 05

Hi ade.h yes i see where your coming from, but what i really want to do is make back up copies of cds given to me but the seem to be in .cda files which dont play on my hi-fi.

AubreyS 22:07 13 Mar 05

Audio Converter/Audio Grabber click here And its free!!

ade.h 22:38 13 Mar 05

If you want to make backup copies of CDs, that's easily done in WMP; I do that quite often. You just make an exact copy. If you have WMA files (or similar) that you want to put back on to CD, WMP can be used to make a CD-Audio compilation that works like a normal pre-recorded CD.

THE TERMINATOR 23:49 13 Mar 05

cda stands for cd audio. Converting them into anything else will not get them to play on your hi-fi. If the disks you are been given are copies, then of course, that is copyright fraud and your address is on it's way to the RIAA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…