converting MSWMM vids

immer 10:49 22 Dec 11

My logitec camera gives me a nice package to make a little film. But it is stored in "MSWMM" which is not even seen by the system much of the time. I sent the film as an attachment to my pal who says it wont open except as sound on their system & can I convert it to WAV. As my logitec software has no options on file type save, can you tell me of a prog that works please.

rdave13 10:54 22 Dec 11

You should be able to open it in Windows Movie Maker as a project then convert the file.

rdave13 10:56 22 Dec 11

Should have said, save as WMV file then you can convert to another format.

immer 14:05 22 Dec 11

I find that my windows movie maker prog (WXP) gives no alternative mode of saving other than MSWMM. That is my problem. I need to save it as WMV but cannot do it. What prog can I use to convert this please?

lotvic 14:48 22 Dec 11

Windows Movie Maker: When you finish working on a project (MSWMM file), you can publish the project as a movie. A movie is a Windows Media file with a .wmv file name extension or an Audio-Video Interleaved (AVI) file with an .avi file name extension.

To publish a movie to your computer

Click File, click Publish Movie.

Click This computer, and then click Next.

In the File name box, type a name for your movie.

In the Publish to box, choose where you want to save your movie once it's published, and then click Next.

Choose the settings you want to use to publish your movie, and then click Publish.

If you want to watch your movie after it has been published, select the Play movie when I click Finish check box.

Click Finish

After you have closed Windows Movie Maker, you can play the movie in any of your other programs that you use to watch video (movie) files. Windows Media Player, VLC etc. Just browse in Windows Explorer to where you have saved it or open the Player and browse to the file.

immer 15:55 24 Dec 11

Thanks ! Thats just what I needed ! : - ))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac