Converting MS Access database to PDF

mother inferior 07:29 10 Dec 03

I would like to convert an MS Access database to PDF. Is this possible and is there a free way to do it?

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 07:49 10 Dec 03

click here for a free PDF creator; I don't know about Access though.

Sir Radfordin 09:02 10 Dec 03

When you mean you want to convert an Access database into a PDF what do you actually mean? There is nothing to stop you creating reports as PDFS, and if you wanted you could print the tables as PDFs. But a database is a database and not a PDF.

Pesala 09:09 10 Dec 03

All the free PDF creators I have tried so far have proved a big disappointment. Try PDF Factory from click here. It is inexpensive and you can try before you buy. The trial version prints a banner on the bottom of each page. I find that it produces compact PDF files. The Pro version supports hyperlinks and bookmarks if you need them.

mother inferior 09:20 10 Dec 03

The database contains books, their authors and prices. What I basically want to do is create a downloadable price list - the info is in the database so I'm just trying to save myself having to type it all out again as there are 2000+ books listed.

Simsy 12:00 10 Dec 03

it get the information you want displayed, and then print it.

When you a pdf file, (using pdf factory anyway, I presume it's the same with others), what you actually do is "Print" and choose pdffactory from the list of available printers.

It may be that all you need to do, (having installed the appropriate pdf software), is create a report in Access and print it to pdf.

I hope this helps,

regards,

Simsy

mother inferior 12:31 10 Dec 03

that's a great help :)

Pesala 12:45 10 Dec 03

You could also export a simple tabulated text file.

That might not be so pretty as a nicely formatted table printed to PDF but it will be a lot more compact for downloading. 2,000 lines of text is about 40 or 50 pages of tables at a readable size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…