Converting mpeg to DVD format?

keither-d 01:18 06 Feb 04

I have transferred video from my DV camcorder to my hard drive and then stored it on a DVD-R. It is stored however in mpeg format which won't play on my DVD player. How do I convert it to a format which I can burn and play back on my DVD player?

Lozzy 01:24 06 Feb 04

You need a program like CopyDVDPro or Copy DVD Xpress or similar even Easy CD/DVD creator V6 will do it.

kangawallafox 01:25 06 Feb 04

Nero ultra 6 apparently converts mpg2 to dvd format in a very similar way to the way it converts mpg1 to vcd format.
you have to do it through nero vision express though...
I haven't actually used it myself as I don't have a dvd burner, but am told by others who have used it that it works well, is easy to use and outputs excellent quality.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

SirGalahad2004 00:09 07 Feb 04

you could download freeware form click here.
this is the way i prefer to do it... uces TMPEGen and then TMPEGDVD AUTHOR ..... just follow the easy to use wizards

hope it helps you

hugh-265156 00:20 07 Feb 04

guides click here click here

if you click "dvd players" on the left of the second link you can look up you model of home dvd player and see what formats it will play etc.

Chegs ? 00:20 07 Feb 04

click here is the correct addy for TMPGENC

SirGalahad2004 00:33 07 Feb 04

sorry made a mistake sending addy . thanks for the correction chegs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…